Monday, April 7, 2008

The Wizard of Bazzill

You all (see I really AM a Texan now) are so awesome! What I love about the scrapbooking community is that everyone comes together and is so excited and supportive of other scrapbookers. I have really enjoyed talking with people about SCRAPPYWOOD. I know everyone has her own vision of her perfect scrapbook store. It is interesting to hear everyone's thoughts. I really do take notes and consider every idea and how feasible it is. I want to please everyone the most I can, and still have a successful business so I can actually stay around (unlike many scrapbook stores that you are aware of that have closed after a few years).

I have heard some rumors about Bazzill cardstock lately. Personally, I LOVE Bazzill. It is a great quality. I enjoy the many different textures, but most of all Bazzill seems to have the most shades of colors available. I am one of those freaks that bring my photo over to the cardstock aisle and match the color of the lady's shirt in the photo to the perfect shade of bluish Robin's Egg Bazzill. Are you like that? I know about Prism and other cardstock paper as well. I would love to hear your opinions about what kinds of cardstock that you use and why or why not.

Many of you have asked about SCRAPPYWOOD's location. It is still going to be close to the intersection of Lebanon & Preston Rd. in Frisco...close to the Kiddin' Around drop off day-care. Hea....drop off your kiddo for a while and scrapbook...how cool is that??

8 comments:

Cheryl Carey Bass said...

Tricia, I am SO with you about Bazzill paper. I like to use "economical" supplies when I can...and I know there is "cheaper" paper out there, but Bazzill really is the BEST quality and has the MOST selection. Just FYI, you're not alone is your OCDism of taking the picture over to the cardstock to match them. Duh! I thought that was SOP for scrapbookers, right? :) LOL...we are a crazy and obsessed kind of people.

Anonymous said...

I love the range of colors that Bazzill offers too and use Bazzill alot. However, I personally find that my best friend, Cricut Expressions, does not like Bazzill so much. So I generally will choose the papers from DCWV, I like their colors too and the paper doesn't tater in the cricut the way that Bazzill does.

Patricia Benson said...

I have heard that about the Cricut & Bazzill...of course there is always Bazzill smoothie...

Patricia Benson said...

What are your thought about Prism?

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm.... Prism? I haven't really tried them with the cricut. I will make a note to do that. My favorite papers are DCVW, I like the textures that they have and the 'stiffness' (lack of a better word). And the Cricut cuts them really well. They also have a white center, so that if you like to tear or sand your edges and ink them, the colors show so well! But, please don't get me wrong... Bazzill's selection of colors seems endless and I love them too. :-)

Anonymous said...

Tricia,

Thanks for the update! We are so anxious for Scrappywood to open. Do you plan to be in the same shopping center as Sprouts and Hobby Lobby?

Willa Mae Crane said...

I love Bazzill and use it 99% of the time but I don't mind using other brands. I'm not a scrap-snob! I just want a place to come and be inspired!!!! I drive by that area at least three times a week hoping to see a sign or something!

Patricia Benson said...

I will not be in the same center as Hobby Lobby.