Monday, May 12, 2008

From Here to Eternity

"O.K., HELLO? Is this store happening or what, babe?" you might be asking. And yes, it HAS been a long time since I posted here. But the answer is YES. The store is still a go. Due to the way the market has been, it has taken a LONGER time than normal to go through this process. Knowing how many scrapbook stores have gone under recently and that 40% of small businesses fail in the first year, and over 80% in the first five years, I don't want to put the horse before the cart. I have learned a lot of what NOT to do in opening a business. So although it feels like eternity, I want to be careful as I start up. Everything is in a holding position right now as I wait for my final O.K. My husband said to someone yesterday that he can't believe how long I have had to stay the course, and he probably would have said "#&*%#" it if it was his project. My attitude is that at least I get a lot of preparation time to plan out the most perfect scrapbook store I can! Thank you all for being patient & supportive "pre"customers! You are awesome! And you better believe we will have a BIG party when we open!!!

7 comments:

Melissa said...

I think you are totally awesome!!!!

Lindsay said...

It is worth the wait! Can't wait to come see you AND the store. You are THE MOST creative person I have ever met, and you will make the whole scrapbooking experience fun. Hooray!

Val said...

Can't wait for the store to open!

Anonymous said...

when do you think you might open? I was thinking of planning a scrapbooking party for my 10 yr old daughter. She would tell her girlfriends to bring their summer photos and they could make a mini album. I was hoping to do this in August. Do you think you may be open or would you recommend any place close to Frisco? Can't wait for myself also!

thanks -
Colleen ccnelligan@sbcglobal.net

Patricia Benson said...

I won't be open in August yet, which kills me, but for now I would recommend Delightful Hands in Celina or maybe Scrapbook Barn or Scrappin Bunnies. Good luck. The way this economy is going is the absolute worst time to open a retail business. No one wants to risk on start-ups, no matter how good your business plan is or how much good history/data you have. But I am still in the fight.

Patricia Benson said...

I won't be open in August yet, which kills me, but for now I would recommend Delightful Hands in Celina or maybe Scrapbook Barn or Scrappin Bunnies. Good luck. The way this economy is going is the absolute worst time to open a retail business. No one wants to risk on start-ups, no matter how good your business plan is or how much good history/data you have. But I am still in the fight.

Anonymous said...

I never thought that I will be qualify for a loan that Officer Pedro and his loan company granted me which was very smooth and transparent in every conversation that we make through the loan process, I will once again thank him and his loan organization for a job well done by offering me a loan of 22 million Euro with the low rate of 2% annual return they are genuine and loan register company with simple terms and conditions.
Contact the loan company through pedroloanss@gmail.com